Sun Kissed Skin Needs Care to Sustain Beautiful Golden Tan.
Sun-kissed skin needs the care to sustain beautiful golden tan and keep oils intact while minimising the damaging effects of UV Lights—an integral part of a handsome look.
Living in Cities with ‘questionable’ sunlight coverage. Unless you are brave enough to uptake the potential of 10 days quarantine, have your COVID-Pass sorted and ready for a trip to Italy, Greece or some other sunny-beach spot. Otherwise, your skin may not see as much sun as recommended. On the other hand, too much sun exposure has been arguably the cause of a few concerns, so that some balancing may be required.
Here are some practical recommendations for healthy-looking skin.
Is your mind in a holiday mood yet?
A touch of bronze on the skin leaves an impression of a healthy body and mind.
Just enough exposure to sunlight may serve well. That is, If balanced and UV protected measures are used. Please refer to your local health services for guidance or your dermatologist (who will probably be against tanning altogether).
However, not every geo-location on the globe offers just enough of that sunshine and Vitamin D, so the alternatives are explored.
According to Harvard Research, natural sunlight contains a mix of UVA and UVB radiation; sunbeds produce mainly UVA that is three times more intense. Despite its unhealthy effects and bans in some countries, adding some bronze to your pale looking skin hasn’t gone anywhere. Therefore exercising some sensibility may be a good idea, and here are some tips to mitigate risks of UV exposure. At the same time, going for a mood boost and a dose of Vitamin D to complement the good looks.
- Drink plenty of water, and I mean PLENTY! Your skin will appreciate it, and your body will be much more robust in recovering from UV exposure. Our smart-ass brain needs it too!
- Use moisturisers. After sunbathing, they will help your skin look nourished. Even better if it contains hyaluronic acid that naturally occurs in our bodies and lubricates connective tissues. This, in turn, will increase the skin’s elasticity and overall hydrating.
- If you go for sunbed tanning, skincare formulated for tanners is an excellent shout to nourish the skin and extend the life of your tan while keeping it moist.
- Protect your eyes. Natural Sun UV Protective or Sun Bed Eye Protective Goggles cost little compared to the value it adds protecting eyes from permanent damage to UV lights.
- Equally, UV protective sunglasses will offer a shield from natural sunlight and provide a Cool Casual Look to complement your fabulous self! One place where I would allow a bit of avant-garde would be eyewear. A handful of Classic Menswear Brands offer a twist to your style. It may serve well, but in my opinion, nothing compares with the sexy look of classics.
- Prep your skin before you tan. Exfoliate preferably with sugar scrubs to keep moist intact and NOT after sunbathing.
- Choose sunbathing time wisely, avoid the peak between 11 am and 3 pm for optimal coverage in natural sunlight, or embrace yourself with locals and share more secrets about the area you are in.
- Avoid taking a shower for up to 4 hours after sun exposure, unless you really must then cold or lukewarm water (being it super short shower) may be an option.
- Hydrating Lotion after a shower is a must; your skin always appreciates balancing act.
- Dark Chocolate. Pomegranate Juice and fruits such as apples and grapes may be an excellent choice to boost the body’s natural protective mechanism from UV naturally. Generally, lycopene-rich foods are believed to add value, such as watermelons, tomatoes, guava, etc. Plus, dark chocolate releases ‘happy hormones’ and may be considered a substitute for.. or maybe not (!)
- UV protection outdoors, SPF30 offers reasonable protection. Again, consult with your dermatologist. It will allow Vitamin D to penetrate your skin while encouraging the release of melanin and safeguard you from harmful UV effects.
- And what about the time when the sun goes down? Are you ready for a nice Aperitivo?
Check out our Summer Colours in Thread of Bliss! How about Textured Sky Blue?
In short, Classic Menswear Brands offer plenty of choices. The question is how to choose the one that keeps nature intact and serves for as long as you would like. The answer to this is simply classics. There hasn’t been a Style that would supersede Classic Menswear.
I’d challenge you for a sense of elegance and style. Want to make your life easier? Choose classics. They serve well, last long and are always in trend!
Please look at our latest colour palette to suit your liking and leave a comment to inspire us for next season’s colour palette choice.